Friday, June 3, 2011

Week 9A


Week 9A
I am not a video game player. I couldn’t understand why there are people addict to games for hours, but I do play the games for hours sometimes. I think one important a game designer has to keep in mind is he or she has to design something that can hook the players for a long long time. Mechanics is one vital part to keep the players. And I do think the idea our group presented has a strong characteristic in terms of mechanics.  I think we have a strong mechanics.  Using different ways to keep players’ interest to the game is one vital concept to the game. Players enjoy playing the game, the game is success. I do believe that in our game, different games can keep the players’ interest and make them enjoy the games.

I think in our game, the weakness is the goal. I personally feel our goal may be not able to keep the players for a long time because it is easy to make the players get tired of this. But, there are people who like to compete with other players in the game or keep playing the game just to make themselves better than what they achieved last time. A more concrete and interesting  goal can motivate the players to stay with the game and maybe addict to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment