Sunday, April 17, 2011

Week 3B


The comment to Maggie Mitchell:
A nice soundscape!
The reverb guitar sound creates an engaging emotion for listeners. It also give listeners a sense of distance and movement because the volume and repeated guitar melody. The similar guitar melody had been put into right order to create some kind of familiar but loss feeling, which is a good foreshadow of your targeted emotion, anticipation. In the middle of the soundscape, you have some kind of beats come into the music, which create a tension, also hook and imply your theme again. Your continuation goes a different but smooth way. I like your transitions. I do like your directionality as well. The music gave me a very clearly directive feeling because you separated the sound tracks. There is part of your soundscape your beats and guitar take turn to be played. When the beats are playing, the guitar fades out. When the guitar comes to play, the beats fade out. Then, they both come back together. Such technique will give me a feeling of unknown, which gets my attention to keep listening. The proximity of the interchange playing was controlled right enough. Neither too much nor too little.
I like your soundscape! It is a good one with brilliant ideas in it.


The comment to Morgan Messenheimer,

Your soundscape is really professional! It is amazing! I don’t what your assigned theme is, but I definitely will guess it is something makes people feel creepy or some kind of scary emotion.
The heavy and shaky sound in the beginning perfectly set up a tone for your soundscape. I feel like you have few layers of soundtracks in the beginning. I can’t tell what kind of sound you used, but the way you manipulated the volume and proximity of each sound gave me a deep feeling in my visualization, which give me a sense of distance and movement as well. It sure goes well with the fog in your picture. In the middle of your soundscape, you have bell in it. It is genius to add bell in it at that time, because I didn’t expect a bell sound in it since the bell sound is different, not similar with, the sounds you used at the first part of the soundscape. The bell sound also strengthens your targeted emotion you want the listeners feel. You have great continuation. I can’t tell the name of that kind of sound, but you repeated used in your soundscape. I want to say you have a great control at the proximity of when repeat that sound and when make that sound fades out.
An excellent soundscape.

The comment to Lucas Slykerman:
It is an awesome soundscape. So far, I can only tell most of people present us the knowledge they learned from the class. You and your partner not only tell the techniques you learned, but also gifted something many people don’t have in their soundscapes, the story.
The sound elements you used, which are very different from each other. You have a good use the proximity of heartbeats and whisper sound. The contrast of steady heart beats and the thunder gave me a feeling of distance. The violin is melodic. Your use of violin is beautiful because it unconsciously strengthens my uncomfortable, sad and anxious feeling.
I like how you guys add the cops’ car alarm sound. You pause it a little bit but then continues. It is that part of soundscape extremely makes me feel like there is a story in your soundscape.
You two are very good at manipulating the space of the soundscape through the volumes of your sounds and different sounds. Also, the violin gives me a sense of movement as well.
But I will suggest you guys to increase the thunder sound and have your violin melody right after the shocking thunder sound rather than have these two together. So the thunder sound is breaking the steady and quiet heartbeats sound.
A great work!


No comments:

Post a Comment