Sunday, May 1, 2011

Week 4

http://changethis.com/manifesto/show/66.01.Brainwashed
Connect
I remember it was in 2005; I had my very first blog. I wish I could use this “new” approach to connect with my friends in school. I failed to succeed because back to that time, few people used blogs and there was no ideas like connecting people through facebook or online blogging, though people not only connecting each other through these media but also making money because their blogs and articles they post on their blogs. Because my failure experience of blogging, I stopped blogging and now I enjoy writing for myself much more than blogging. Nevertheless, I completely agree with Godin’s idea of connecting people through the social media. It is a great way to advertising or doing marketing for oneself.
It is an amazing way to know a stranger through reading this person’s blog articles.  I feel many people feel naturally to write their blogs in a more open and casual tone since the content is not going to be printed and turned it in to a professor. (Though it is what we are doing now). Therefore, people are more likely to related and find things in common between themselves and the bloggers. Connections could be built through these commons people share. The similar experiences, same emotions, same interests, this is how, now, people can make new relationships with others through the digital media.
Acknowledge the lizard brain
It is so true that people are reluctant to do things that they were once laughed at by others. It is that fears we have in mind, fears to be embarrassed by what we can’t do or by what we are unable to do well, fears to others’ disappointments to us. All kinds of fears barrier us to have further actions or ideas. I agree with Godin’s idea that we have to acknowledge our fears, our lizard brain, first, so that we can ignore it then we move on without the fears.

I am sure the articles we read lastly will have impact to us better than many other articles we assigned to read at other classes but in a different way. Those articles are not telling readers the academic or scientific discoveries but telling people to think, to live and to do things in another way, the way people usually don’t do. The written assignments along with these articles are quite useful as well since we re-think, re-exam what we read in a deeper way while we are writing the correspond response. It is also one of the fun enjoyments we can have as bloggers in this class.



No comments:

Post a Comment